Wednesday, June 12, 2013

First email from Sister Amanda Park:)

This last week has been so crazy! From the minute I got out of the car it's been rush, rush, rush! Everything is on the top floor! My room is on the fourth floor of the residence, my class is on the fifth floor of the language building (we're the only English speaking class in there), and our Zone Meeting is on the fourth floor of building 4. No Elevators. Who needs gym when you're hiking all of those stairs about twenty times a day!! But I love my companion and my classes so I guess it's worth it. :)  Everyone in my District was effected by the age change, they're all under 21. The funny part is that they all thought I was too. You should have seen their faces when I told them I was 23. Everyone's talking about being homesick and how this is really hard because they want to be with their families. I feel kind of out of place when I just look at it all and go "I feel like I don't know enough." Which is when I pull out my books and start studying and go to my 3 hour long classes and I feel better. It was an amazing thing last night when about 2,000 missionaries walked out of the MTC over to the Marriot Center and listened to Elder Mervyn B. Arnold of the Quorum of the Seventy. It was the first MTC Devotional ever done outside of the MTC campus. The sight was so fantastic!! The new missionaries are coming in today, not as many as my group though. There were over 900 missionaries that came in with me. Today it's somewhere around 800. Some of them are going to be in my Zone. Now I'm going to be the senior missionary, it's so weird! All of the walking in dress shoes has literally killed my feet. I'm going to the clinic today about a lost toe nail. No pain, no gain I guess, right??? :S At least I have the day to let it rest. It's my preparation day, which means laundry, email, temple, and relaxation.....until 6:30. I fly out for California on Tuesday morning. I wonder if I'll be anywhere near ready. I guess that all depends on me right? Well, I'll email again in probably a couple weeks when I have another P-Day.
I miss you, see you in 18 months!
Sister Park

No comments:

Post a Comment