Tuesday, July 30, 2013

July 25th


 
 
View IMG_20130730_125620_229-1.jpg in slide show
 
Hi Mom and Dad,
 
I've had an amazing week.  We've been praying for this recently reactivated lady's daughter and her husband, that he would get stationed here in the States.  Since she lost her dad just a few months ago, she's really been needing her husband who's been stationed in Japan.  We just found out on Monday that he's staying here.  We are so happy about it!  And now that he's staying they're both probably going to start taking the lessons and going to church.  I'm so happy we can help to try and bring this family together, they are just amazing.
 
Also, this other member's husband that we have been teaching, he knows everything in the church is true, he just has a problem with the Word of Wisdom, had an amazing breakthrough on Tuesday.  None of the Sisters before us ever took a member with them, they just counted his wife.  This time we took one of the brethren and taught about Priesthood.  The Spirit was so strong in that lesson, we asked him if he would want the Priesthood, and he said "yes."  Then we asked him if he'd be baptized and he said "if he prayed and got an answer that this was the true church, he would be baptized."  His name is Kurt, will you pray for him?
 
A couple of weeks ago I did this amazing thing where I left a Harvesting Blessing with an awesome family.  There were about 10 people there.  A Harvesting Blessing is something like a Priesthood Blessing except I can have it by my virtue as a missionary.  I have never done something so fantastic for someone before.  there are six daughters, most of them inactive, two of them getting married to non-members.  One of the fiancees was there and he's not really interested in the church, but when I said the prayer, addressing each of their needs individually, everyone was touched by the spirit.  i didn't know I could do something like that.
 
After last week I've changed my outlook on things and how I've been going about everything.  Since then I've seen so many blessings.  with Gracie and Ian, that coupe I talked about at the beginning and with Kurt.  With how we are received by people when we're contacting.  Even with how Sister Grover and I have been dealing with each other lately.  I was having a really hard time putting up with her for awhile, but we finally really got out everything and talked it out.  Now I'm opening up more and she's working on being less controlling.  She's half-Italian so it is that and mood swings...and not a lot of facial expression.  But I think we're both learning from each other which is very helpful.
 
Oh, by the way, an update on everyone (except Jessica, who keeps me informed) would be appreciated.  And I can't tell you how much I'm dying for musical soundtracks like "Oklahoma," and "Singing in the Rain," and "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers."  I need something to sing along to in the mornings and while I'm running.
 
It's kind of irritating being the only Sisters in the Zone because any time there's a service project or something, even if it's out of our district and there are plenty of people there to help, the Elders always invite us because they want the girls to be there.  The Spanish Elders are the worst offenders.  they always try to make excuses to spend time with us.  I do laugh every time they ask, though.  Elders are obnoxious sometimes, and sometimes they're extremely helpful.  I'm glad we have them.
 
I miss you, I love you.....Sister Amanda Park  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment